Title: Community Development Officer and Researcher
Duty Station: Mount Kenya East – Meru County
To plan, organize and monitor the implementation of community aspects of Heshimu Punda project
Specific roles include:-
- Assess the needs of both Humans and donkeys i.e. the donkey) in relation to the owners’ welfare using Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA) tools.
- Plan and Organize and train community members on personal, communal and animal welfare improvement in urban and peril urban settings of the project area.
- Monitoring of the utilization of project resources to ensure budget compliance and propose corrective measures.
- Conduct donkey welfare assessment to gauge the welfare changes on donkeys for informing strategy change.
- Planning and organizing donkey owners, Donkey care clubs school patrons, policy makers and implementers’ workshops in Nairobi, Kiambu, and Nyandarua Counties and writing the progress reports.
- Identify and bring on board officials of all relevant partners in planning and implementation of the project. (including community groups, government and non-governmental organizations)
- Participate in project planning, evaluation and redesigning based on the evaluation results.
- Masters in Project Planning and Management from UON
- PHD in Project Management at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (ongoing)
- Members of Institute of Certified Project Planning Professionals ( ICCPM)
- Kenya Institute of Management (KIM)