KENDAT was established & registered in 1992 as Kenya Network for Draft Animal Technology, a membership company limited by guarantee. She was re-registered with the wider Agribusiness Development mandate in 2005 with the Office of the President under NGO Reg No: OP.218/051/2005/072/3554. KENDAT is a member of the NGO Council of Kenya and her Registered office is Plot No. LR 209-8486 Old Racecourse Estate. Phase III, Nairobi. Kenya. All KENDAT operations meet Kenya Government Regulatory and Statutory Requirements.
To model innovative, efficient and resilient smallholder agribusiness systems for an evergreen Africa.
Kenyan rural and peri-urban communities where smallholder farming communities sustainably live in food-secure, productive and competitive agri-business systems.
We empower smallholder farmers to sustainably improve their livelihoods through innovative access to information, technology, means and markets.
Unlocking Potentials of Farming Communities.
OUR CORE VALUES
As an institution, we have a Vision and Mission that directs us on our core business, target beneficiaries and scope of work. However we relate with one another and congregate our energies to serve, guided by a set of core values:
- We work with Commitment, Creativity and Innovativeness living our purpose, to serve communities for Emancipation and Growth.
- We greatly value Hard Work and Persistence, promoting and supporting Ethical standards and best practices in all our operations.
- We uphold the principles of Team work, Networking, Partnerships and Open-Mindedness to build synergy and congruence of minds, never abandoning a colleague in need.
- We work in a Time-Conscious environment guided by agreed plans and supported by Candid communication in an Open Learning environment.
- We work to build long term Relationships with those that we serve, working as members of one Family, Respectful of one another’s background, experience and knowledge.
- We work on a Fragile Planet needing special attention to environmental, water and energy Conservation, human and animal Welfare.
- We strive to be a Quality, Integrity and Credible institution in all the activities and operations, Accountable to all our stakeholders and donors.